Website

Speechless - St. Louis, MO Photographer

You may be wondering why I titled this post "Speechless". Well, maybe because of the beauty of friendship, true love that is hard to find, all the details of a wedding day and two people that you know are meant to grow old together and sip tea on the front porch of their home. Some moments don't need words to make them. Some are captured in time, whether it be in your own memory or through a photograph.

There were three times I wanted to cry (happy tears of course) at Karen and Jason's wedding on Saturday. The first time was the actual ceremony. I saw Karen, the most beautiful, radiant bride you can imagine, walking down the aisle on the arm of her father. I then turned and saw Jason, someone I have known a long time and words cannot describe what a wonderful person he is. I am not kidding when I say that you can see the love he has for her, and her for him, in their eyes. The second time was during their first dance. It was so personal no one else but Karen and Jason should have been in the room. It was as if we were intruding on a magical moment between the two of them. The third was when Jason was dancing with him mom. I know why that dance probably meant a lot...

Anyway, Karen asked me a while back to come and take photos of her and her friends getting ready. I have so many photos that I randomly chose a few. I wanted to post one of each bridesmaid but then I decided to do a few group shots. Karen has such a fun group of friends. They were so welcoming and friendly to me and I had such a great time hanging out with them. I also had to take a few shots of the details at the wedding. This wedding had more details than any other wedding I have ever been too. It seriously should be featured in The Knot.

Karen and Jason, I wish you all the best. May God grant you a life full of much love and happiness....and children for me to photograph! I love you guys!

IMGP7321

Karen2

karen3


IMGP7372

IMGP7376

IMGP7403

karen5

karen6

IMGP7501

karen7

IMGP7515

IMGP7550

IMGP7552

IMGP7612

12 comments:

Christine said...

So fun! Your detail shot are perfect!!

Sharon Gartrell Photography Fort Worth said...

Wow! I love how you captured all the little details! The pics with the dress by the window are stunning! Great job!

Angela said...

These are great! It looks like it was a beautiful wedding and the pictures are wonderful :)

Sari Underwood Photography said...

Wonderful wedding photos! I love to see all the little details of the big day. I wish my photographer had captured those because I put so much time into them.

Karin Doolin said...

These are fantastic. My favorite is the still life of the invite & details. Fantastic! It's a wonderful story as well! I bet they are so thankful for these great photos!

Tiffany said...

These are stunning! You really captured the emotion in these. Love all the little details you captured. These will be beautiful memories for years to come.

Anonymous said...

Love these! You did a great job capturing some of the little things!

Rachel Noah said...

Perfect captures to what looks like a perfect day. Congrats to the happy couple. How lucky you are to have selected such a talented photographer to capture your love.

e miller photography-Salem Oregon Photography said...

I love the feel of these shots!

Karen said...

Amanda,
Words cannot begin to express the emotions I felt as I read your blog and looked through the gorgeous pictures that you took on our wedding day. My eyes filled with tears when I realized how special these moments, that we will never get back again, really were. Amanda, you are such an amazing photographer & a wonderful friend. Jason & I are truly blessed to have found eachother & our wedding day was so very special to us. You captured such important moments from that day that until now, I had almost forgotten. Thank you so much for helping me remember those moments. I cannot wait to see the rest of the photos!!! I don't even know how to begin to thank you. I do know that you were a blessing sent to us from God in the form of a friend & photographer =) We are so glad that you shared our wedding day with us in such a beautiful way. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. We will definitely be getting together soon for dinner!! I will be in touch with you soon.
Love,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Love all the b&w shots of the girls getting ready!!

Rachel Plowman said...

Awesome pics! Such great captures! Love the wedding dress pics by the window. Nicely done.