Website

A wedding with Kellie Penn {Alton, IL Wedding Photographer}

I had the pleasure of working with Kellie Penn (www.acrossthemilesphotography.com) the other weekend. She emailed me a while back asking to 2nd shoot for her and I would have shouted yes but it was over email so I wrote, "YES!!!". I "met" Kellie almost a year and a half ago on one of my favorite photography forums. We only met one time prior to this at a Sandy Puc workshop but I felt like we had known eachother forever. We are the same age, both Christian women, have children, married to amazing men and share the passions. Please enjoy these photos from Sean and Missy's wedding. They were married at the most beautiful old church in Alton and had the reception in old downtown Alton. We even took pictures by the tallest man statute!!!!! Anyway, they are amazingly in love and I wish them the best :)

Kellie, I had an amazing day shooting with you - even if I was sick :) I can't wait to do it again! Love, Amanda

Untitled-4

Untitled-5

Um, yes, your eyes do not decieve you. That is a real bird! Missy was such a trooper and caught it and released it back into the wild - Cinderella style!
Untitled-6

IMGP3563


Untitled-8


Untitled-7


Kellie had everyone go stand at the top of the hill and posed them. I thought she was getting a fun shot of them so I thought I would get the same shot but a silhouette style! When she was done we looked at our photos and we both had the same idea! LOL! Great mind think alike :)
IMGP3907


IMGP4014

IMGP3951


Untitled-1


Untitled-2

IMGP4065


IMGP4126

Untitled-3

IMGP4273

IMGP4332


This goes in my top 10 favorite photos :)
IMGP4349

This is Miss Kellie :) THank you again girl!

IMGP3572

9 comments:

Across the Miles Photography said...

I love these, I love these, I love these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooooo much for everything you did that day...you are WONDERFUL!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! You did such a great job at capturing the moments. I love all the details that you didn't leave behind. Love them!

Christine said...

Mandy these are perfect!!!! and you ARE wonderful :)

Christine said...

and Kellie is super cute!

Stacy said...

Amazing job! These images are such beautiful tributes to such a special day! Great work!

Karin Doolin said...

Love Alton and love these images. The silhouette jumping is my fave! Great job!

Missy said...

Amanda - I am in love with these! Thank you so much for getting such great shots of our day - we can't wait to see them all! It was such a pleasure working with you and Kelli. Sean and I just kept saying over and over again how wonderful you guys were. SO EXCITED! P.S. The bird shot is hilarious.

Unknown said...

Really nice job!

Anonymous said...

Two things I love!! The bride catching the bird and the shot of the bridal party with the little bouquet in the air on the right.